Glass Bottle Cutting Jig
by 4ndy, published
It's quite long so I'll try to get the point in my instructions.
Clamp a glass cutter into this setup and you'll quickly be able to turn empty wine, beer, etc. bottles into useful things such as drinking glasses.
I have an idea for how the top end of wine bottles could be used, so don't go throwing those bits away yet. Kinda building up to something here ;)
All the bolts in the diagram are M4x20mm, and there is a 30mm piece of M8 studding holding the 608 bearing in place.
Recent Commentsview all
Nice! I watch Greenpowerscience all the time. I also wanted to make this one because i couldn't find this glass cutter, and other ways of cutting glass doesn't work.
I want to use thicker bottles like Bacardi (as long it's big and strong), to combine this with this video:
Except, i don't realy know if it can be used to cool instead of heating.
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
* Fit a bearing of whatever size you like.
* Clamp a glass cutter in place.
* Adjust them so that a bottle can easily turn on the two points of contact.
* Adjust the conical plug so that the cutting wheel is at the height you want to cut away.
* Turn the bottle through ONE rotation on the blade to make a single small score all the way around.
* Carefully dribble some hot water over the score line.
* Dribble some cold water over the score line.
* Continue to alternate the last two steps until the heat stress drives the fracture through and the bottle comes apart.
* Sand/grind down any remaining sharp edges.
You must be logged in to post a comment.