Cleaned up Leo
by MakerBeck, published
I ran the original file through Netfabb Studio and Netfabb cloud to clean it up. This file is supposed to be manifold, so it should slice well.
Recent Commentsview all
I finally got around to printing it today and it came out okay. The hardest part was removing support without breaking off pieces which I was not able to do. The head came off (can glue back on), left front foot came off,(can glue back on), right rear leg came off (can glue back on, and the lower half of the tale came off. There may have been an issue with the support because it separated at the narrowest part. A larger print might turn out better but I will not be trying again. I will post a pic one I glue it back together. The one I printed is about 2 inches tall and 4 inches long.
I notice that the model, even after cleanup still has the 6 fur layers, can these produce problems of will most printers ignore them?
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
Download your file
Load into Netfabb Studio (free)
Move to origin
View from top, right, front and adjust orientation as desired
Move to origin again.
Trim in Z axis to flatten bottom of feet.
Discard trimmed off section.
Move remaining section to origin
Execute Auto Repair script.
Accept repair/replace orginal part with repaired part.
Note, the program highlighted a number of inverted triangles that let the model non watertight/non-manifold.
Export partially repaired part.
Execute final fix before export
Export part/STL file
Upload repaired STL file to cloud.netfabb.com (free)
Submit for proecessing
Email arrives one minute later that processing is done.
Download file, it's cleaned up.
I will upload it to Thingiverse and mark it a s a derivative of this one and provide a link in comments here.
The entire process took 5 minutes.
You must be logged in to post a comment.