Loading

Parametric 27 to 1 Gearset, with OpenSCADable gears

by MakerBlock, published

Parametric 27 to 1 Gearset, with OpenSCADable gears by MakerBlock Jun 19, 2011

Featured Thing!

Description

I've updated Tony's OpenSCAD file to include code for the brace, used MeshLab/NetFabb Cloud to clean up the two gears, and created a module for organizing the non-gear parts into plates for easy printing. Enjoy!

Update: I had actually used MeshLab, then NetFabb Cloud to fix the winding order issues on the gears.

Recent Comments

view all

If the gears were originally created with http://www.thingiverse.com/thi..., why did they need to get cleaned up with MeshLab and NetFabb? Are gears created with that script not very printable?

I've got just one more big gear to print before I'm done. I can't wait!

Stunned... You and Tony ROCK! The speed with which these clearly superior incremental improvements have been produced just blows my mind!

Makes

Liked By

view all

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

1. Print
2. Crank
3. ???
4. Profits!

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Thav on Mar 16, 2012 said:

If the gears were originally created with http://www.thingiverse.com/thi..., why did they need to get cleaned up with MeshLab and NetFabb? Are gears created with that script not very printable?

mraiser on Jun 20, 2011 said:

Stunned... You and Tony ROCK! The speed with which these clearly superior incremental improvements have been produced just blows my mind!

MakerBlock on Jun 20, 2011 said:

I've got just one more big gear to print before I'm done. I can't wait!

tbuser on Jun 20, 2011 said:

Thanks! Wow, netfabb fixed the winding order error?

MakerBlock on Jun 20, 2011 said:

Actually... no. :) I imported to MeshLab, immediately exported as an STL, the ran it through NetFabb.

Top