Ghostbusters Proton Pack Prop Parts
by TheNewHobbyist, published
In August 2011 my friend and I went to Wizard World Chicago. While there we met a couple of guys with Proton Packs taking photos for charity.
After wearing their packs for a photo it got us thinking. "We're pretty handy, I wonder if we could make a couple of these before Halloween?"
As it turns out making a Proton Pack is pretty darn expensive. As I imagine is the case with many movie props the proton pack seems to be built with random odds and ends from their prop shop. And since it's mostly unusual parts they're pretty hard to find.
Because I didn't want to spend weeks scouring eBay for authentic parts I decided to avoid the costs by 3D modeling all of the hard to find bits and printing them out.
So included in this thing are all the parts that I 3D printed when building my proton pack. I won't go so far as to call them 100% screen accurate but they're pretty darn close.
MANY more photos and instructions are available on Flickr here:
Parts for a matching Particle Wand are available here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:95727
Recent Commentsview all
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
Below is a list of all the parts I've included.
To see what they are and where they go I recommend checking out Stefan Otto's Proton Pack plans.
Proton Pack Parts List:
- pp_BoosterFrame - Booster Frame Ladder
- pp_BoosterRounds - Rounds that go under Booster Frame
- pp_BoosterTubeInsert - Inserted into 2" PVC Booster Tube
- pp_ClippardValve - Generic Clippard Valve
- pp_CrankKnob - Crank Knob
- pp_DalePH25 - Dale PH 25 Resistor
- pp_DaleRH25 - Dale RH 25 Resistor
- pp_HGA - Hydrogen Gas Actuator (HGA)
- pp_IonArmBottom - Ion Arm Bottom Section
- pp_IonArmTop - Ion Arm Top Section
- pp_NFilter - N-Filter
- pp_PPD - Primary Power Distributor (PPD)
- pp_PVCCaps - 1" PVC End Caps, used in multiple places
- pp_ShockMount - Shock Mount
- pp_ThrowerMount - Mount for Particle Thrower