Printed Extruder (Printruder)
by Zaggo, published
After having some difficulties with the Plastruder MK3 which comes with the MakerBot, I decided to try to print a better (i.e. more reliable) extruder with and for my MakerBot.
The design was inspired by the \"Thermoplast Extruder Version 2.0\" from the RepRap project and by photos I saw of Nophead\'s \"Fast extruder\" .
(Update: There's now a 4th part to print: InsulatorRetainer.stl)
Please see http://wiki.makerbot.com/makerbot-127 for detailed build instructions.
In addition to the 3 printed parts, you\'ll need:
- Two 626 ball bearings.
- Four M4 bolts, 60mm long
- Four M4 nuts (optionally two of them as wingnuts)
- One M6 bolt (30mm long)
- One M6 nut
- Three M3 bolts (30mm long)
- 3 or more M6 washers
- 3 or better more M3 washers
- 4 M4 washers
new or canibalized from your current MK3 Plastruder:
- 37mm DC motor with pulley
- The \"heater section\" (i.e. thermal barrier, heater barrel, nozzle, and so on...)
- Big and small dino (for mounting in a MakerBot)
- Extruder driver electronics