Printed Extruder (Printruder)
by Zaggo, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
After having some difficulties with the Plastruder MK3 which comes with the MakerBot, I decided to try to print a better (i.e. more reliable) extruder with and for my MakerBot.
The design was inspired by the \"Thermoplast Extruder Version 2.0\" from the RepRap project and by photos I saw of Nophead\'s \"Fast extruder\" .
(Update: There's now a 4th part to print: InsulatorRetainer.stl)
Please see http://wiki.makerbot.com/makerbot-127 for detailed build instructions.
In addition to the 3 printed parts, you\'ll need:
- Two 626 ball bearings.
- Four M4 bolts, 60mm long
- Four M4 nuts (optionally two of them as wingnuts)
- One M6 bolt (30mm long)
- One M6 nut
- Three M3 bolts (30mm long)
- 3 or more M6 washers
- 3 or better more M3 washers
- 4 M4 washers
new or canibalized from your current MK3 Plastruder:
- 37mm DC motor with pulley
- The \"heater section\" (i.e. thermal barrier, heater barrel, nozzle, and so on...)
- Big and small dino (for mounting in a MakerBot)
- Extruder driver electronics
Printed Extruder (Printruder) by Zaggo is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Zaggo a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Zaggo would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).