Store Front Music Solenoid Thwacker Unit - Mechanics
by crashspacela, published
This is a work in progress for improving the mechanics of the thwackers in our Store Front Music Project.
The thwackers mechanism houses a solenoid that when pulsed with current throws the attached lever arm. The lever is made from an old plastic clothes hanger.
The general steps required make the thwacker are
- Download the files
- Cut on Laser Cutter
- Mount on pegboard
Please also see "Store Front Music Solenoid Thwacker Unit - Electronics"
In context: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zugpKxPxAE8
- It can go into 1-inch spaced peg board and then has an inch to slide for fine tuning
- Removable mallets (white coat hanger part) for transport
Things you might want to change:
- longer screws with a nut to mount solenoids so they can be tightened from the bottom
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Store Front Music Solenoid Thwacker Unit - Mechanics by crashspacela is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving crashspacela a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure crashspacela would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).