Camera Lens Cap Holder
by kitlaan, published
A (parametric) buckle that you can attach to your camera strap, which lets you (hopefully) stop losing your lens cap.
The STL is sized for a 58mm lens cap, and a ~40mm strap width.
The printing layers make for a great friction catch for the lens cap. But there's a designed-in lip overhang to make it a little more aggressive.
Change the parameters; print; dismantle strap; thread on buckle; reattach strap; take pictures; lose lens cap (less)
- lens diameter
- buckle thickness, height
- strap gap, width
- mount height, width
- mount lip tweaks
- fill the buckle back, or leave X'ed (i.e. save plastic)
2011-07-24: MK2 openscad script
- allows multiple holders-in-one.
- cutout in buckle to handle straps that are not threadable
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Camera Lens Cap Holder by kitlaan is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure kitlaan would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).