by 4ndy, published
For holding hole-tapping bits.
Cheaper than any other wrench if you only want to get a couple of specifically-sized taps made from good steel.
- Print out the two parts, heavy infill would be a good idea.
---(Ideally you could cast or machine the pinching block out of scrap metal, though the block might not even be necessary)
- Ream out the 8mm hole with a drill bit, or tap it with your bolt itself.
- Insert your bolt or studding.
---(Optional step for studding: drill a hole in it and stick something like a pin in it as a handle - pictured for an idea)
- Use the bolt to drag an M8 nut into the captive nut slot.
- Clamp it onto the square end of a tap, and go cut some threads!
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Tapping Wrench by 4ndy is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
We're sure 4ndy would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).