by Ceravyn, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
I like PETG. PETG is awesome. PETG + LED's is even more awesome. So here is one other project I have been using that combo for:
Warhammer inspired by the Blackhand in Warcraft saga. It isn't a straight copy of the one seen in World of Warcraft, but I made it based on my own image what I remembered that hammer to be like.
Hammer head includes two orange LED's, handle has room for 2 AA batteries to light 'em up. There is empty spacer above the batteries for resistors and power switch which comes out just above the "metallic" ring in the side of the handle.
The hammer head is printed from red translucent PETG, rest is printed from PLA. Painted using Citadel miniature paints.
Hammer head is printed in 2 pieces from translucent PETG with following settings:
0.3 layer height
Rest of the parts are printed from PLA with following settings:
0.2 layer height
Please note that above settings are highly printer specific and what works for me might not work for you.
Assembly as follows:
- Glue hammer head parts together (if you printed it in two parts)
- Fit handle_base inside the bottom part of the hammer head. Glue to place.
- Secure LED's on the handle_base so that they'll shine through the hammer head when the assembly is completed. Leave enough wire so you can solder them to the circuit.
- Assemble the electronics as follows:
- Solder positive wire to some scrap metal piece and glue that to the end of the electronics holder to make contact with the batteries when inserted.
- Run a negative wire through the channel inside the handle and through the smaller hole in the electronics holder. Solder to LED negative leads.
- Insert electronics holder to its place inside the handle, solder resistors for LED's and power switch. Glue the handle to handle_base.
- Add the decorative ring to the handle, glue to place.
- Solder the other end of the negative wire to some scrap metal piece, preferably add spring like in normal battery holders. Insert that into handle_bottom and push the cap in its place to finish the circuit.
- Glue the spikes to the end of the handle and to the hammer head. Paint. Enjoy. :)
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Blackhand's warhammer by Ceravyn is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Ceravyn a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Ceravyn would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).