As a mechanical engineer with a passion for finding solutions to technical challenges, I am using my homebuild 3D printer for all sorts of builds.
I started in 2013 with a Prusa Mendel i2 and with the knowledge from that printer and my own ideas, I redesigned the Mendelmax 1.5 in a way I could print not only bigger (buildplate 300x200mm in relative to 200x200mm in the custom version) but also with 2 printheads at once (for more production in the same amount of time).
Some things I made over the last few years:
- Reprap Kossel Mini
- SLA LCD 3D printer (for resin) of my own design
- Night vision headset, in order to find my way in the dark
- 3D scanner (based on the FreeLSS software) of my own design
- A few quadcopters
- Different versions of modelrockets
- Dobsonian telescope with electrical movement system (still in the process of designing and testing)
I like to build things that are unussual to most ow people.
I Am A…Engineer, Maker
Tools I Use…
Printers: Mendelmax 1.5 with 300x200 buildplate
Design Programs: Solidworks
3D Design Skill Level