Report as inappropriate

We deal with a lot of schools, libraries, and businesses, and they seem to have policies all over the place. We have some that literally will not allow the printer to be fully plugged in unless it is in a fume hood and fully enclosed and some that have no policies whatsover running fire hazard Chinese Prusa clones.

Some things to consider:
-Go with printers that have certifications for electrical safety. CE, UL, etc.

-If the printers aren't fully enclosed, then put an enclosure on it. We design and manufacture enclosures that we sell directly for Ultimaker, Lulzbot, and Robo3D and Lulzbot sells the enclosures for us. We see a large amount of sales of the Lulzbot enclosures. I believe that this is because these printers have heavy penetration into schools and businesses where the protection from pinch points and what not is more valued. printedsolid.com/enclosures if you want to check them out. You're welcome to use any of our pics for reference. If you have access to any of the printers we make enclosures for, I can probably get you a loaner.

-Filtration. This also goes back to point 1. There are a lot of filtration options, but when you're talking to risk management and insurance types, the certifications probably matter more than the technical details. Bofa is selling filters for 3D Printers that come with the certification that your paper work types want.

-An additional point to consider: Just because nobody has brought it up yet, doesn't mean that nobody ever will. We had a school that we deal with regularly that only ran PLA on printers with unheated beds. They had been doing this for several years with no issues and no complaints. Then a parent read one of the UFP articles and flipped out. The school was sent into a bit of a tailspin and had to shut down all their printers for a while to deal with it while we scrambled to design them custom enclosures.

Hope that helps.