Ya, my 3d printer really doesn't allow the support to break away cleanly. This is actually a different part then the person that had plate adhesion issues before. I personally chose to print that edge flush with the print bed. You may notice it tries to create additional support for other areas. I personally chose to cut that piece again so there wouldn't be any support. I much rather have an extra clean edge then having to deal with support. I only used about 350 grams for the entire helmet which is allot less then I have used for other helmets. Next version should be done in a day or two and should fix any size issues and should add a few more features but probably won't be compatible with previous versions. And yes, the scaling issue does seem to be a factor of 10. The designed width is 8.5 inches.