Report as inappropriate

You might want to research "Machinist Jack" as that seems to be the sort of item I think you are trying to fabricate here. Otherwise the traditional machinist item to use are "step blocks" which come in various sizes and can be locked onto one another to set various heights, as well as for clamping parts via bars which mate to the steps in the blocks.