Snap group to object?

Please Login to Comment

Hi gang. I want to put four holes in a disk but they're arranged in a rectangular formation. Is there a way to snap the group of 'holes' so that they're aligned with the center of the disk?

I don't think there is a tool to do what you want. As far as I know, you can only snap one thing at a time to one other thing. If I were doing it, I would make the pattern that I want with the 4 'hole' cylinders, then add a 5th one centered on the others. Then you can snap the disk to the center 'hole'. Then, it's just a matter of dropping the disk through the cylinders, deleting the centering one and subtracting the remaining holes from the disk.

Thanks; I wound up doing something similar, i.e. I created a circle with a diameter equal to the diagonal distance between opposite cylinders in the array, so that their centers were all along the circumference. Once merged I could snap the disk over the other cylinder, then push it thru so disk was clear and just the four 'holes' penetrated the cylinder. Subtracted them and had my whatsit more or less the way I wanted it.

Perfect! I thought about doing that, but I got hung up trying to get the pattern tool to put the cylinders where I wanted them. Glad you figured it out.