Clicky

Human Eye Shaped Camera??

Please Login to Comment

how a photo would look like if i take a picture in a pinhole camera with an espherical shape, just like an human eye?? please give me images or something

I know, the thread is very old but i found it interesting to read. To answer this possible no longer relevant question, read this wiki article i also found very interesting. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optography

I try to understand what you are meaning but I can't.
Your eye IS a pinhole that looks like a human eye.

So my guess is that what you see, is the answer to your question, unless you don't see things like other humans.

But I guess you mean something like a hollow sensor view or something? Is that what you mean?

not exactly, because our sight in the eyes looks like a curved image in the center ( think about a fish eye effect), the reason you see everything in simple way its because your brain does that, when you see an image your brain re- organizes it and create a field with depht sensation ( cause by the use of two eyes, like an stereo camera), if what you say would be true, you will need to take account the "hole" that is behind the optical nerve, in that area there are no photoreceptors, so if what our eyes literally see is what we would see, we would be seeing black holes in our sight, that just doesn´t happen because your brain fills that holes in order to make your sight look uniform; the thing that i want to ask here is how EXACTLY would look a picture in a camera that has the shape of a human eye
PD1: sorry if there are problems with grammar, im not so good with english)
PD2: no im not talking about a hollow sensor...
PD3: no, an image in a spherical shaped camera would not see how humans see, one thing is what eyes captures and other is what our brain send us

I'm having trouble understanding exactly what you are asking. There are many ways to consider the "picture" inside an eye-shaped camera. Do you mean that the "film" was shaped like the inside of an eye? Do you mean how would an eye's lens form an image differently from a pinhole? Do you mean as printed flat like a conventional photograph? Do you mean as viewed from outside the eye? Do you mean as interpolated by the brain attached to the eye? Do you mean represented as captured, spherically? "Exactly" is a useless term here, when there are multiple perspectives.

Perhaps tell us what you expect it to look like... That may clarify what you are asking.
Thanks

I'm not exactly clear on the question, but it did spark my interest in the human eye, and raised the following questions:

1. Is it not ideal for the photoreceptors (or film) to be of equal distance from the pinhole? A flat plane would be out of focus the farther you get from the center, right? But the back side of the human eye is not flat, nor is every point equidistant from the iris. In fact, the farther you get from the center of the imaging surface at the back of the eye, the closer it is to the iris, which is the opposite of what is true for a flat film plane. So our peripheral vision is out of focus for the opposite reason that it would be in a film camera?
  2. Unlike a film camera, the eye is filled with a liquid: the vitreous humour. How does that affect the refractive index, chromatic aberration, etc?

I am guessing that it would look basically the same as a photo taken on a plane, except with less edge distortion.

The real design problem is finding a way to curve the film (which is quite rigid) so that it takes the form of a hemisphere at the back of the 'eyeball'.

it can be possible to cut photo paper in triangles or hexagons and then place them inside the sphere? so they can fit

If we going through all the trouble of making the camera eye shaped... I would find fabric, or material that could take the compound curve shape and coat that with emulsion. Cutting and placing paper, or chunks of film seems like a PIA.

Sure, but it's kind of hard to see the point of it beyond knowing that it's possible. The image would only make sense if you viewed the picture while it was still in its hemisphere shape, and once you flattened it back down to scan or reproduce it, there would be gaps where the cuts were made and the edge distortion would come back.

I don't believe this is a serious question.

yes it is, i hate jokes & i dont like to make fun of anything so... ...