stk 500v2 timeout

Please Login to Comment

Some time ago I upgraded my a8 with a mks gen l everything went fine and is a great upgrade then I upgraded the z axis to a one motor system by osadchy, got the hardware and put it together but then while trying to update the firmware I got a stk 500v2 timeout error I even bought a new board and I get the same error .
Any ideas?
Thank you.

Comment has been deleted

You flash with arduino IDE, try it with VS code. Compiling is faster and error messages are better. Had this message often, transmission errors, no correct connection to the device. Com-port, wrong processor, ect.

SO I TRIDE USING VSC AND I GOT THIS EROR Error: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.registry.ns1.platformio.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v3/packages/platformio/tool/tool-avrdude (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1123)'))) IT MIGHT BE BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT BUT IT SHOLD WORK BECAUSE I FOLLOWED A VIDEO
P.S. SORRY FOR THE CAPS MY PC WENT CRAZY AND WON'T LET ME TIPE NORMALLY
THANK YOU.

Have a look at this page
https://community.platformio.org/t/platformio-reports-certificate-error-can-not-build-locally/15556
the error message is explained there. There are no libraries, marlin is written in several programming languages.

Sorry I didn't find a specific answer did you understand what the answer is?

A library, python and a system update helped the user. Since marlin is written in several programming languages and VS code editors have to be reloaded for these languages.

So you can follow my tutorial to setup platform.io in vscode. Now with your "PC going nuts" and other issues such as a hTTPS connection to platformio.org I wonder how infected your machine is.

I would check for virus and malware and try again. Make sure your PC is up to date as there's lots of recent and active exploits out there.

Good luck!

Are you flashing via USB or with the SD card? I suggest the card but my experience is directly with the SKR boards.

I am flashing via USB that worked last time but I never heard of flashing via SD card how do I do that?

I cover it in my guide but the long and short of it is it compile, copy firmware.bin to the root of the SD, insert it in the board and restart the board. It will flash

SKR 1.3 or 1.4 & MKS SGEN L Board Setup Tutorial with TMC2208 UART

The MKS doesn't have a card slot will it work using the slot on the TFT screen?

That's where my knowledge runs out I'm afriad. I dont even think anyone in the Morninglion Industries Discord has one. Maybe just google it?