V1.7 board component identification

Please Login to Comment

I accidentally connected the power cables to my V1.7 board up incorrectly and burnt out one of the components. I need to identify the blown up component so that I can replace it. I've attached a photo of a spare board that I happen to have.

It's labelled 01 on the silkscreen and R4 on the 3 pin component itself. I'm an electronics novice, and I have no idea what this is.

Thanks!

Comment has been deleted

Product Key And Serial Number Of Handycafe

Comment has been deleted

Comment has been deleted

sleeping dogs patch 1.5 crack fix

Comment has been deleted

iskoola pota sinhala font free download for windows 10

Comment has been deleted

According the schematic that was posted, there are only 5 three legged components. Three of them are your MOSFETs for controlling the extruders and hot bed. The other two components are your 5 volt and 3.3 volt voltage regulators. Typically the MOSFETs are larger in size (tab style mounting). See if you can trace your power cable inputs to the 5 volt regulator. It would be the first inline with the input. The 3.3 volt regulator is run off the 5 volt regulator, so you may have more than one component damaged.

Comment has been deleted

Looks like switching element for heatbed (Q1). Here is a circuit diagram. Soldering in a bonded circuit as a beginner?

how is the circuit "bonded"?

I meant that the component is placed directly on the circuit board, not like in the past, where the components were placed on top and soldered on the opposite side. In the case of the circuit boards where the components sit directly, the soldering points and also the conductor tracks are directly under the components, so the conductor track can become detached from the circuit board if the heat is too high.

Oh... you just mean surface mount. Sure, soldering through hole is easier, but this is not rocket science either. I've soldered surface mount components even with cheap AC soldering iron (obviously no temperature control, not even an on-off switch), it's fine as long as there aren't too many pins.

I once re-soldered the atmega, it worked, but unsoldering was the crux of the matter. The conductor tracks detach themselves quickly from the plastic circuit board, which makes it really tricky.
In this case, it is cheaper to simply snap your legs and gently warm up and wipe off the remains with the soldering iron, so I did it next time. You just never stop teaching.

You mean you never stop... learning?
Anyway, I know why SMD is difficult and I said it already but I'll reiterate: it's fine as long as there aren't too many pins. Atmega has MANY pins. Too many.

It was only a 1284p, but it was enough. During my apprenticeship I learned the saying "You have the last experience when the coffin lid closes".

Do you honestly not see the difference between three pins and FORTY pins??? My whole point was: it's only 3 pins. NOTHING like the MCU that has 40 pins and is a pain in the ass to desolder. These things are absolutely not comparable in any way.

Were too close together that I preferred not to count ;-)

I've done some soldering before. Mostly kits, but a fair amount of small surface mount components. I have a second working board that I can use if I mess this one up.

Comment has been deleted

Doesn't look hurt, those tend to explode. I would suspect the big ass diode right under it. Though I know from experience and a small fire Anet boards don't exactly have electrical protection. I would strongly suggest you get a SKR 1.4 or something else. Anything is better than that garbage.

The part there is either a little dual diode or a mosfet... hard to tell..

Then I found this

The photo is from a second working board that I have here. Thanks for the link, I think it might be what I need. I'll double-check with the schematic from the previous comment.

That's "Q1" Not "O1". It looks like it's a MOSFET for controlling the part fan. Of course you would need a 1.7 version of the schematic to know for sure, but I think it's a safe bet that it's still the same device that controlled Fan1 in the old 1.0 version board in the schematic posted above. It was Q3 in that version, but is still likely IRLR7843PbF.