General information collated into the most often asked questions and answers.
NOT an official Anycubic-operated forum; just customers discussing their machines.
Print Bed Flatness
- Horizontal rail keeps getting off calibration (not level/horiz)
Manual Leveling ANYCUBIC i3 MEGA
Resume after power loss
- Some Interesting Fan Type Comparisons
- Official Anycubic support portal
- Users collections that contain items which may not have been added to this group's 'things' section.
I have just purchased a used i3 Mega S. I need someone to point me in the right direction for a total newb. I have autocad experience, and desktop laser experience, but know nothing about a 3d printer. I'm sure there is a place for a complete greenhorn like me to learn the ropes! Thanks
I think there is something fishy with my heatbed.
It shows the correct "ambient" temperature but it won't heat up / if it heats up and a pit starts at some point the Firmware toggles "thermal Runaway protection".
Octoprint shows "Heating failed, system stopped! Heater_ID: bed - Printer halted. kill() called!"
I already checked the Solderpoints on the bed itself and resoldered the blue and green wire (just to be safe), and also resoldered the Power and Groundwires.
I have checked continuity for all wires and did not find anything out of the ordinary.
does anyone have a clue what is going on?
It all started when I was looking under the bed at the Y axes belt, this was not looking straight, the belt was bended down at the pulley on the stepper motor.
So I loosened the pulley and moved it 3 mm up and straightened the belt. This had a direct result, when moving the bed I felt less resistance.
After this was done I looked at the X belt, this was off also and more the X axis were not parallel to the frame. I decided to fix this problem as well.
By loosening the 8 hex bolts that connects the U frame to the bottom part of the printer you will find the there is a lot of play, you can shear your U frame quite a bit. Used my eyes to shear the frame so the X axis were parallel to the frame and fastened the hex bolts and, checking that the frame did not move. After that I aligned the X belt by loosening the pulley of the X stepper motor so I could make the belt parallel to the X rods and frame.
This also resulted in a lot less resistance moving the print head.
After that I wanted to check if my efforts worked. I printed a large rectangle and measured the sides and diagonal.
As you all now they must be 1 : 1 x √2, in my case 144.4 mm and 204.2 mm.
It all worked just fine now my X and Y axis are perpendicular.