Clicky

[SOLVED] Bed not heating suddenly

heat hotbed mofset ultrabase

Please Login to Comment

Update: Resoldering the hotbed connector on the mainboard fixed the issue, as it seems the connector started to seperate from the solder (must have been a poor solder job). Afterwards the bed works perfectly fine though. Anycubic is however sending me a new mainboard anyway which will be great as a spare!

Yesterday I tried to print an object (using PLA) but the bed will not heat. It stays at room temperature

The printer i'm using is the Anycubic i3 Mega (With two Z-Motors). I found a diagnostic list that anycubic provides on their support site, and began diagnosing. I found that the HOTBED LED on the mainboard would light up, as well as HEATER 0 (The extruder), however when I turn up the bed, HEATER1 doesn't light up. The connector for the headbed on the mainboard is slightly loose but i'm unable to tighten it any further, and have reseated both connections to it twice. The thermistor is fine as it detects that the bed is at room temperature.

I do not get any MINTEMP/MAXTEMP errors on an output like pronterface / simplify3d either.

I had removed the zipties on the bed cables prior, and the solder connections on the bed itself are completely fine and are not loose.
Photo has HEATER0 off as the extruder is disconnected while I have the printer open

I just fixed this exact issue, my negative (black) hotbed cable had broken and needed to be resoldered together. Definitely a sucky fix, thank you for the advice though I check all of the connections while I had the machine opened up.

Check the cables providing power to the heat bed. I think the LEDs are driven by their own cable and the main cables are known to break because of the constant movement.

No voltage to the bed, replaced the wed wire and still got nothing. I also tried anycubics full diagnostic thing and yet everything returned fine (mofset was alright, blue and green wires were getting voltage)

Oddly when put into continuity mode the light flickers into life, but doesn't when it's not..

are you getting voltage to the heat bed? I had the issue where the main heat wire (thicker red wire) had a short in it.

No voltage to the bed, replaced the wed wire and still got nothing. I also tried anycubics full diagnostic thing and yet everything returned fine (mofset was alright, blue and green wires were getting voltage)

The resistance of the main wires were at 01.8 though, not 01.2