Zits/blobs my stupid experience

Please Login to Comment

Good day all.
I`m printing now for 4 years and 2 months - 1 perspex frame prusa i3 iteration that is still printing flawless - had a home build cartesian and a he3d delta when they first came on the market. The he3d delta also printed flawlessly despite the inferior rollers and construction.
Bought myself the anycubic linear plus 2 months ago and added tmc2208 xyz drivers, original e3d v6 hotend and titan extruder with capricorn bowden.

I have been struggling with zits/blobs for a month now - I almost threw the delta into the rubbish bin (dont think it will fit :-)). I have 4 years experience, but still need to learn a bunch and Im not the brightest pencil in the packet :-).
My retraction went from 1mm to 7mm where it lost part of layers on 7mm, but in between those numbers nothing really changed with the zits. Negative extra restart distance on retraction from -0.1 to -1mm where I also lost layers on small islands. Coasting distance from 0.1 to 1mm where I lost layers at 1mm. Wipe distance from 2mm to 7mm no changes. Retraction speed from 20mm/s to 60mm/s. Different colours/types of PLA filament. And blobs all over the show.
I replaced my 0.5mm nozzle with a 0.4mm and saw a slight difference.I replaced the capricorn bowden with the stock white ptfe bowden (550mm) and I saw a bigger difference (Measured my filament and they are 1.74 to 1.76 but on 3 meters 90% = 1.75.

MY PROBLEM IS: I did not think about temperature or I did think in the incorrect way. I tried 198 to 180. My thoughts were the cooler the less the filament will seep out of the nozzle which in turn will reduce blobs - may be true depending on temperature.
I increased my temperature to 210 and printed out a 20mm cube. Normally when it retracts, move to the next layer and extrude on the corner, there will be a small blob. With the same settings but higher temperature, I now have a +- 0.2mm under extrusion in the corners where it starts to print every layer.
If you take a injection and, NO don`t squirt your dog with water - try to suck thick oil and thin oil - thin oil will be easier. The same with retraction, if the filament are hotter the retraction or suction will be better (to suck the filament back into the nozzle). Too high a temperature will end up in stringing.
Just thought I share my stupid struggle :-/

Or just use Slic3r and enable nozzle wipe and stop whining.