Cura 4.6 retracting all of my filament after every print

Please Login to Comment

My kossel has been working fine until I upgraded my computer and installed cura 4.6 (previously I was on 4.4). I wasn't able to add the same profile I had from 4.4 to 4.6.

Now the printer will finish a print successfully, but then instead of returning to home, it will retract over 400mm of filament and then eventually return home and turn off the heaters.

Here is my end code in cura if anyone can help me take a look at it:
M400 ;Free buffer
G91 ;relative positioning
G1 E-1 F300 ;retract the filament a bit before lifting the nozzle, to release some of the pressure
G1 F{speed_travel} Z+1 E-1 ;move Z up a bit and retract filament even more
G90 ;absolute positioning
M104 S0 ;extruder heater off
M140 S0 ;heated bed heater off
M107 ;fan off
M84 ;steppers off
G28 ;move to endstop
M84 ;steppers off

Hi, i'm not quite sure why your Kossel is acting up. I think there is something wrong in the line:

"G1 F{speed_travel} Z+1 E-1 ;move Z up a bit and retract filament even more"

and I think the whole sequence of your G-Code is a little bit wrong.

Here is my Start and End G-Code for an Anycubic Kossel Linear Plus using Cura 4.8.
Try it, it works well for me. I have no problems with rectraction etc.

Start G-Code:

;Start GCode
G21 ;metric values
M107 ;start with the fan off
G28 ;move to endstops
G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length
G1 F200 E3 ;extrude 3mm of feed stock
G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length again
G1 F{speed_travel} ;Put printing message on LCD screen
M117 Printing...

End G-Code

;End GCode
M104 S0 ;extruder heater off
M140 S0 ;heated bed heater off (if you have it)
G91 ;relative positioning
G1 E-1 F300 ;retract the filament a bit before lifting the nozzle, to release some of the pressure
G1 Z+0.5 E-5 X-20 Y-20 F{speed_travel} ;move Z up a bit and retract filament even more
G28 ;move to endstop
M84 ;steppers off

Cheers and good luck, Jay

Thanks for the help. Actually I also have 4.8. My start code is exactly yours. I've copied over your end code, however it didnt work.

Are you using RRF2 or RRF3 firmware? I have RRF2 and am thinking about upgrading to 3 but the changes to the config.g file that I have to make seems really confusing

I'm using a modified Marlin 2.0 Firmware. You too can download, configurate and flash your Kossel using the firmware and guide that can be found here:

https://www.lpomykal.cz/kossel-marlin-firmware/

Lukas also has written a great guide about Delta calibrating/leveling your Kossel bed after flashing the firmware (which is a lot easier and more reliable after getting rid of the Anycubic firmware):

https://www.lpomykal.cz/kossel-bed-calibration-marlin-fw/

I hope you can find something here to help you out with your problems.
I've been using the custom firmware for about 10 months with no hiccups or problems at all.

Good luck. Bye for now, Jay.

Thanks again, turns out I was able to solve the issue by changing the flavor of my printer properties from marlin to reprap within Cura. Haha such a stupid mistake

Oh sh1t, didn't think about that one... little mistake, but hey, you got it working... stay healthy and have a good Christmas