The "key" of the thing!!!

Please Login to Comment

Hi everyone!

This project is now about 10 month old. Maybe some of you know that i'm now involved with MyRCCar project, but i have recently discovered that people is more interested in this project although I have done nothing new about it in the last months.

My intention sharing both projects for free is very similar. I want the community to know what i can do, and the same time share some "quite new" technology wich can allow new ideas to grow, making stronger new points of view, wich tend to be better for users than for companies.

The project has about 3.5K views, 280 downloads (just 3 people should have all the needed parts) and the related video in youtube has about 1,6K views. This numbers looks really great for me, but i think is not much when i see many easy or not projects here in thingiverse having at least 10 times more for any of those numbers.

The problem is not in those numbers... is in the feedback... Just Tom TOo contributed with some ideas to improve or make more accesible the software chain method to airbrush a 3d raster. I thank him, and maybe you should, for that, but I could not see any result from him or any other of the makers, 3 by now.

So analyzing my own behabour, when i discovered OpenRC Truggy, i was not in thingiverse. I downloaded the project, made it in "silent mode" and finally, when i had something to publish (my FJ Cruiser Body for that rc car) i joined thingiverse. Of course, I also "liked" the OpenRC Car truggy and published my make of it. Maybe if i would not created my rc car body or "improved" some of the car parts i wouldn't create my thingiverse user and i would be today in that "silent mode".

So 10 months later, 3 makes later, i have no clue about how it performs for others, even if it does, because all 3 makers, one time they had their complete things, dissapeared in terms of contributing with their experience and improvements.

During years and years, i have recieved a lot of information for free from people in the internet, i think more than you could expect from any grade, mostly always in "silent mode".

I thought that sharing this and some other projects in the future i could "give back to the world" a part of what i took from it, in terms of free knowledge. I have been educated in the "give, but don't spect to recieve" way. Of course, this lesson have a second part, something like "don't spect to recieve from those who you give to, if you recieve something probably it won't be from them".

Maybe this is the place where i "give" and from where i don't get nothing, but i would like it to be a "group", not just a broadcast list for me.

So please, from now on, if you want to complete the build of this thing with the provided key,
i ask you to publish your make, so me and also others can see this project has been made more times. It will probably won't have any impact in the numbers, so I'm sorry for inconvenience.

Thanks for taking your time to read this if you did ;)

dlb5

Hello! I'm an artist working with drawing machines and 3d printers. I've printed all the parts for the cnc airbrush project (@dlb5 : everything fits perfectly, thanks for your great job!). I'm currently trying to find a way to mount it on my cnc plotter. My goal is to "print" patterns on various materials (wood, fabrics, metal...) I'll share with you the results of my experiments, and also the way I've generated the gcodes.

Hello, im working in this CNC Machine with only two axis for vertical paintings. The (almost, bands missing) full machine is depicted in the image "R.A.P.1". The airbrush control sistem is in image "Head", I made a few modifications to the original, first one is I removed the sensor holder because there is no need for a sensor if there is no Z axis. Also I made a modification to the airbrush holder beacuse my "paintbrush" is slightly bigger than the one you used. By now I have an Issue, my airbrush flow control lever has a certain angle, so when I put it in the "head", there will always paint when activated. The image "issue" might be more usefull to understand this problem (the blue is my aerograph).
Of course all the printable parts of the machine will be abaible here on thingiverse, sooner or later. By now I only need the key. dlb5 Logo is not visible in the pictures beacuse there is a moving platform underneath (see image R.A.P.2). The logo will be added later. The project is a prototype by now, im building. I might need you help with the control method. Also, Id like to know about Tom TOo 3D Raster, I could'nt find the thread. Que tengas buen día!

Hey Dante!!!

I'm so happy you presented us your project here! You have done great work modifying the "thing", so much that you could have used it just to measure and start your drawings from 0. Remember the idea is the idea, you can take it and make your drawings from 0 so the result thing really adapts to your own needs. I'm sure if things work as you spect you will do it soon in the future :)

Your issue, if you did not solved it already, have very easy solution :) If your airbrush works as mine, you can do next:
Release the back nut from the needle, hold the needle in "closed" position while you pull the lever back to its vertical position, then just screw the nut again.

The lever should then have some play from the front position to the vertical position, but it won't make any paint to be released, it will only push the needle back if you pass from that vertical position. Can you do this and tell me please?¿?

What about electronics?¿? Do you have your Arduino with RAMPS and Marlin software ready?¿?¿? I hope I remember everything good to be able to help you :)