Not seeing correct voltage on parts cooler/mainboard fans

Please Login to Comment

Had a mainboard fan die on me the other day, so I decided to upgrade to some quieter Noctua fans on the extruder head while I was ordering fans. Replaced the mainboard fan with a 24V BTT fan, and the parts cooler/hot end fans with Noctua 4020 12V fans. I went to install and calibrate the buck converters, and got 24v fine off the hot end fan leads, but I'm getting mixed readings on the PC/MB fans. For whatever reason, upon setting the fan speed to 100%, I'm only getting a max of 10.5V that will peak at that upon turning on that setting, but then usually slowly drops to around 9~V where it'll stabilize. The MB fan is small enough to start with this voltage, but the Noctua fan won't even start spinning until it sees 12V. I upgraded to a V2 screen as well, and when setting the fan speed to 150%, it'll show 12V. I tested the power supply voltage and got 24V, tried swapping the mainboard, kind of at a loss here. Any insight would be appreciated!

Update to this already: it looks like swapping back to the old screen and flashing firmware for that results in it putting out the correct voltage when the fan is set to 100%. Right now it looks like the V2 screen/firmware doesn't call for the same voltage when set to 100% as the stock screen and I'm not sure how to address this particular issue

Did you roll your own firmware and compile the V2 firmware yourself or was it precompiled? If you compiled it yourself what firmware version is/was it?