Warping from bed

Please Login to Comment

Hi, I'm very new to 3d printing and thought I was getting my head around it but I've ran it to a problem, my prints are warping from the bed.

Nozzle temp is 200. Bed is 50 and im printing with PLA.

Any help really appreciated .

Thank in advance, Kev :)

try 60 on the bed and hairspray is your friend

As we can see on the skirt your nozzle, when on right (on photo), is too far from the bed.
So the bed is not leveled or it's bended. Try leveling it again, even forcing this side to be little highier than normal.

On my Ender 3 and JG MAker A1 I am using manual bed mesh leveling (you need to change firmware), works simillar as when using BLTouch or sth but you set points manually (so it's much cheaper but needs some time to set - but you do this just once, usually). Fixes all the problems with bended beds

Hi! A couple of things: the 3d printing equivalent of "Have you tried turning it off and on again": checked your bed is level and the gap between nozzle and bed is to spec? No grease (fingerprints) on the bed: wiping with 99% isopropyl alcohol or acetone between prints? Use a brim (experiment width)? No draft/airflow through the printer (nozzle fan excepted)? Higher temp first layer? More squish on first layer?

Hi Thanks for the reply. Beds level and I've not tried any of the other things that you mention apart from a raft which made no difference but i think you are onto something as the doors are open as its hot and this is a new thing.

I've just installed a glass bed as I type to see if that makes a difference, What temperature would you recommend for the bed?

Kev

Then that happens to mine, it is usually bed level, or you need to clean the bed with 90% IPA.

I have recently upgraded my Ender 3 Pro with this kit, and it works pretty well after a few prints to get the newness off.
Edit to add link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MK7RHGW?ie=UTF8&psc=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=bimcom-20&linkId=65f9d6ed7604df57658d5be14072dc7f&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

It did take like 5 prints or so to get it seasoned enough to work well. I print PLA @ 205c and 55c