Ender 3 Pro with 4.2.2 board and GD32 chip will not RE-Flash

Please Login to Comment

I have an Ender 3 pro with a 4.2.2 board and GD32 chip. I've added a BL touch and wanted to upgrade the firmware. I was successful at flashing and loading Marlin 2.1.x with STM32F103RE environment. The bltouch didn't work properly and I had thought I did something wrong in the config files, so I change the file and re-flashed the board. I did this several times trying to fix the bltouch. After three days, I found out that I still needed the z sensor plugged in. When I plugged that in, the bltouch worked better but not to my full expectations. I re-flashed a few more times, but noticed nothing was changing. I then changed the the name of my printer in the config file and that's when i noticed I wasn't actually re-flashing anything.
Things I've tried:
rename the bin file. (which i don't think matters anymore because VSC changes the name each time.)
deleting everything off the SD card except the file.
placing the file in a subdirectory labeled "STM32F4_UPDATE" (recommendation from a post)
direct connection to my computer via USB (but VSC doesn't support direct connect on 32 bit boards)
Things I haven't tried:
formatting the SD, because I was able to use it to flash, why shouldn't it work to re-flash
using a bigger/small SD, same reason
Follow on research leads me to believe this is a GD32 issue. Even though I was able to originally flash with Marlin, a lot of posts say Marlin doesn't support GD32.

I tried to install the TH3D firmware, and it will still not re-flash. (https://www.th3dstudio.com/hc/downloads/unified-2-firmware/creality/creality-boards-creality/creality-ender-3-3-pro-ender-5-5-pro-firmware-v4-2-x-board/)

Please help!

The firmware file has to be a xxxx .bin file to work to fash the screen it is a xxxx.Dwin file if you flash more than once you have to rename the file every time or it won't work. I use Mriscoc professional firmware from glithub. Latest version at. https://github.com/mriscoc/Ender3V2S1/releases/tag/20220816