Tri-skid Snow machine

custom snowmobile

Please Login to Comment

Yes I know the title is weird....but that's the only name I could thing of !!

OK, the goal here is to make a snow machine, with 3 ski, propulse by a 2206 motor and 5' props, ans direction by 1 servo. Stuff that a hobby guy have laying around.
Also, all the suspension system should use elastic band. The goal is to use only screws and 3D print parts.
Here's some photo of where I am so far. If somebody like to get involve and help design the thing, you'r welcome.

I'm in Quebec. My birth language is french...yes that explain the weird phrasing in my english ;-)

OK
I did some test with it and 2 things. First, I should have taken a waterproof servo :-) My test was a pretty short (about 5min) the servo died on me because of the snow. But it gave me time to realise 3 things. The space between the 2 ski in the back is not large enough. And the thing starts to go forward only at 50% of the throttle. Also realise that the ski could be a bit larger to surf on top of the snow.

So now I'm in the process of changing the design for a different servo. I've decided to go for a very common servo, Traxxas 2080, that is waterproof and available easily.
I'm redrawing the support of the arms in the back to be larger. Redraw of larger ski's. And the next test will be with a 6" prop to see if I can get the thing moving at about 25% of the throttle.

I will probably do a complet new "thing" on Thingiverse with all the new parts. I will put a link in the actual Tri Ski.

In the long terme design, I will make body part that can be extended and figure a way to fit all the electronic parts nice and clean.

If you have printed any of this and find some flaw or think of anything, please share so I can make this thing better.

Thanks ( sorry for the weird writing, I'm french)

look good,but how you drive it with just a motor,resistance has to be considered.maybe add a pair of wings does help.
to decrease it? ------sorry for my chinese-style English

The front ski would have direction pretty much like a bike. If it's not enough, I may have to put 2 ski in front.
Or maybe a pair of flaps juste like the Hovercraft jscaylor
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2700850

Brushless R/C Racing Hovercraft

Projet intéressant, pour la direction, tu peux aussi mettre des rainures le long de la semelle du patin avant pour avoir plus d'efficacité.

Oui, j'y avais pensé, ça ou carrément un ski en V. J'ai vue ça sur un autre design. Je suis rendue au design du ski avant avec suspension avec élastique. Je vais commencer par en finir un au complet et avec des test réel, je vais voir ce qui cloche.

look good,but how you drive it with just a motor,resistance has to be considered.maybe add a pair of wings does help.
to decrease it? ------sorry for my chinese-style English

Great idea. Looks like a fun project.