3D model collabs

Please Login to Comment

Hey, all! I hope this is OK to post.

So, I am just learning about 3D printing and modeling myself. I am also not a library science student or library professional. I joined this group as a Makerspace member who is erratically active in exploring partnered programs with some awesome local libraries in my neck of the woods. And, we have a number of library professionals here who well exceed my own 3D printing experience.

But, I like to tinker and I know we may have some library students and library pros who are just getting into it.

I wanted to start this thread for 3D model collabs in general. If anyone would like to collaborate or has any requests, I will personally do my best. If you already have experience and we get this thread jumping, please feel free to jump in, too.

I uploaded four of my models that might be useful for library purposes.

One is a set of Scratch dice blocks that can be used to play a fun game. A goal would be to create a unique Scratch game or other Scratch program using the lines of code that a patron rolls on the dice.

Two models are blank templates for workshop badges that I made. Over time, I varied the basic rectangle, but these can be fun starters. Patrons can even add their own text to make their own custom badges. One is for a refrigerator magnet. Refrigerator magnets are common in the United States, and this model speaks to that trend with a spirit of another modern trend: unlocked achievements in some video games. Glue a magnet on the back and a patron can proudly display the knowledge and experience from a workshop in their kitchen for friends and family to see. The other template model is similar, but is for a sewable badge to sew onto clothing or apparel.

Last, I added a Pi pendant, because maths. These are small and fun trinkets to print out.

Feel free to remix any of these for your purposes. If anyone wants help, don't hesitate and I'll try to bumble through advice. Or maybe someone with more exp will help us out.

If anyone wants to collab projects, let's go for it! If anyone has unique requests for custom models, I would be happy to try to mock something up.

Best journeys and make on!