welcome to this group. Feel free to post any queries/questions and requests for new models which you cannot find on Thingiverse.
Need to customize existing thing? Need to create a spare part of anything broken?
Do you have an idea of a new thing but don't know how to create a digital 3D model?
This is the right place then.
Thanks for participating!
It's a nice thought; I'm not seeing a lot of traffic though.
Might I suggest a refinement? "Models" is a bit broad - I started a subcategory (http://www.thingiverse.com/groups/toy-replacement-bits/things right before I found this - didn't mean to undermine), and I'm encouraging visitors to both post what they Have but would otherwise be ashamed to post ("I got a lightsaber and calipers but I'm no good with 3D modeling, anyone need the dimensions on it?") to at least get the ball rolling; I figure there's probably a lot of people that have half of the solution, if we can get everyone together we can accomplish a lot, yeah?
I mean, I expect a lot of people are glancing through, seeing something doesn't exist, and giving up.
Hello my fellow designers.
I would need to create/model a nice designer plate holder. I found one I like, but have no idea what would be the easiest way to design the shapes (and then extrude them to create 3D).
Thanks for any suggestions/help.
Normally I'm scad designer, but I have a long project list.
I need an outdoor case for an arduino + one shield. I want to put this outside in my garden for sensors, to count the number of cars coming down street.
- smaller than a regular birdshouse, but look like one.
- space for a arduino uno with a shield inside
- protect against rain and weather
- mountable at a tree or something else
- cables outlet at bottom, to guide rainwater away.
- easy to open: for example two wing nuts.
- when open, electronics and cables stay in place. If neccessary it should be changeable without removing the whole thing.
- holes for switches, LED, maybe drilled, not initial open.
- option but not needed in every case: battery holder for 4x AA cells
- printable in ABS? This would mean no long straight sides to prevent warping at print process. Not a monoblock design with 30h printing time, some smaller parts are better. More round design, if I need flat plates, I will jigsaw them form plates.
- good design.