Hello all designers willing to help other people.
Thanks for participating and creating models for others.
GeneralDiscuss on the "General" forum for the models wishlist group on Thingiverse.
welcome to this group. Feel free to post any queries/questions and requests for new models which you cannot find on Thingiverse.
Need to customize existing thing? Need to create a spare part of anything broken?
Do you have an idea of a new thing but don't know how to create a digital 3D model?
This is the right place then.
Thanks for participating!
It's a nice thought; I'm not seeing a lot of traffic though.
Might I suggest a refinement? "Models" is a bit broad - I started a subcategory (http://www.thingiverse.com/groups/toy-replacement-bits/things right before I found this - didn't mean to undermine), and I'm encouraging visitors to both post what they Have but would otherwise be ashamed to post ("I got a lightsaber and calipers but I'm no good with 3D modeling, anyone need the dimensions on it?") to at least get the ball rolling; I figure there's probably a lot of people that have half of the solution, if we can get everyone together we can accomplish a lot, yeah?
I mean, I expect a lot of people are glancing through, seeing something doesn't exist, and giving up.
Hello my fellow designers.
I would need to create/model a nice designer plate holder. I found one I like, but have no idea what would be the easiest way to design the shapes (and then extrude them to create 3D).
Thanks for any suggestions/help.
Normally I'm scad designer, but I have a long project list.
I need an outdoor case for an arduino + one shield. I want to put this outside in my garden for sensors, to count the number of cars coming down street.
- smaller than a regular birdshouse, but look like one.
- space for a arduino uno with a shield inside
- protect against rain and weather
- mountable at a tree or something else
- cables outlet at bottom, to guide rainwater away.
- easy to open: for example two wing nuts.
- when open, electronics and cables stay in place. If neccessary it should be changeable without removing the whole thing.
- holes for switches, LED, maybe drilled, not initial open.
- option but not needed in every case: battery holder for 4x AA cells
- printable in ABS? This would mean no long straight sides to prevent warping at print process. Not a monoblock design with 30h printing time, some smaller parts are better. More round design, if I need flat plates, I will jigsaw them form plates.
- good design.