A reply to this post is mandatory if you want to stay in the group
Please read this post complete to better know each other and to try to form a group of work
I'm not doing a database and i think thingiverse won't do with the data we write up here in the forums. Maybe you are shy as I am. Anyway you know a lot about me: my nick, my city, my language, my interests, my apparently skills, that i'm trying to "make my name" in this world to get a good job, that my "art skills" live in my back...
So YES, I want MyRCCar to be a vehicle to "make my name", as founder and original designer of some of the parts or models. If you take a look, all my "things" are shared as NON-COMMERCIAL. For me this means you can't sell MyRCCar printed parts. You can print them one time or 100 for you or your friends or to have spares but never recieve money in exchange for them.
MyRCCar can be a vehicle to "make my name" but not only for me, i want it to be for you also. So lets imagine you are working on a new robust chassis to build monster trucks. You could ask for some help or opinion to us and also publish it as part of the project and ensure our attention to it. MyRCCar is no more than a keyword, not very reputated nowadays, but I hope it will be much more in the future if you start building your cars and getting fun with them. I sent a photo of the horrible new buggy to my cousin, rc lover, and he is crazy looking for a printer in wallapop now...
Ok, I think is enough about me... what about you?¿? Some ideas:
Tell us about your RC Car Knowledge and if you are an expert or know good some type of them.
Also it would be fine to know if you have some design skills and can do part of the coming work if the group works.
Please tell us if you have some experiece printing, wich is the max. printing volume of your 3D Printer and if you know some designing rules for 3d printing.
- Finally, those not 3d printing rc car relevant things that will help us know you better, as if you like climbing or painting.
If you just want to be in the group as a viewer just tell us you respect all the personal info from group members and that you are not "spying" for other people or brand.
It sounds like a lot of work to write up all those things if you did not do it for your profile... anyway I like us to know each other so we can know how much "manpower" we have in our hands, and remember this should not be part of the profile that thingiverse makes of us, anyway I don't know if this posts are accesible without joining the group or accesible for SEO robots and so on.
So please, respect the info you get from the others as private and don't share with third parties without consent. The same way, I can't ensure any kind of data here is secure.
I can see part of this "data" in the profile of many of you... anyway if you want to tell us something "extra" things it will be cool too!!!
Awaiting for your answers :)
A good comment, talking about how your build performs, maybe a personal message with some questions and some ideas is what really helps
me to go on with this... Likes, makes and collections help a lot to give more visibility to my things too but...
If you tried to tip me in the past, now you can! I finally activated a paypal account. I plan to use this money for I+D in 3D printing RC cars so maybe it come back to you somehow :)
I wait for the first €cents, lets see how much :S
Remember you can always help me without money! With your attention and interest :)
All the MyRCCar project are around the same sourced parts. We could consider they are common 1/10 parts and you can source them from different brands and shops.
This list could be helpful for you to consider every little thing you have to buy, how many orders to how many shops you have to do, the shipping costs etc.
As I live in Spain, I will choose some shops convenient for me. I hope some of you can share other lists with other shops more convenient for other zones of the planet :)
Hey! Many examples here, but you won't need all of this things to make a MyRCCar. Think carefully if you need each of them.
- 2CH or 3CH Radio + Receiver HK 2CH example ; HK 3CH example
- ESC Electronic Speed Controller HK Brushed example ; HK Brushless example
- Motor Brushed / Brushless 3650 or bigger for 1/10 HK Brushed example ; HK Brushless example
- Servo 5-15KG HK ~10KG example ; HK cheaper one
- 2S LiPo Battery HK small 2.2Ah example ; HK big example
- LiPo Charger [HK cheap example]() ; HK good charger
- Lights HK cheap example ; HK very cheap example
- Battery/ESC adaptor HK example XT60 ; other HK adaptor
- Motor/ESC connectors HK gold connectors
- Motor Dissipator with fan HK big one example
- Thermo shrink tube HK example
- Double Side Tape HK example
Now other "mechanical" parts:
- Shocks and shock oil HK oil example HK vandal shocks example ; HK shorter shocks
- Wheels and tyres HK 100mm crawler example ; HK monster example
- Trooper or STT09304 like Center Diff HK trooper example
- Motor Pinion M1 14-21T HK cheap 3.17mm hole Mod1 14T example
- 2x Front / Rear Diff HSP 02024 or similar HK vandal example
- 2x Front / Rear Pinion HSP 02030 or similar HK FR pinion example
- 2x 1/10 universal cup / vase HK cheap example
- 6x 4.7mm balljoints with M3 screw HK example
- 20x bearings for wheels, FR diffs and steering HK cheap 5x10x4 example ; HK cheap 10x15x4 example
- 4x CVDs from HSP, Vandal or Reely HK On-road CVD example ; HK Off-Road Vandal example
- 2x central 1/10 dogbones (Sorry, bought them in local store)
- 4x 12mm Wheel HEX and pins HK aluminum example
- 4x Typical Clips for battery/shell Holders HK medium size example
- A lot of M3 Screws and 4x M4 self-locking Nuts HK countersunk example ; HK button head example ; HK shocket head example ; HK screw grub example
- 3mm piano wire HK example
- O-Ring for MyRCCar Shocks HK cheap example
- Bearing Fitting/Removal Tool HK example
- Velcro Strap HK example
I bought most of this things in different orders, wich usually needed 7 days to reach my house from the EU warehouse for 0€ shipping costs.
As you know, I started with MyRCCar as a name for my projects but also as a name for a comunity in which many other designers could fit if they would like...
But it looks like is an ugly name or something, maybe just each designer need to have control over the keywords in use... Finally, it looks like no designer decided to use the word for their own designs, not related to my projects.
So... finaly it looks like MyRCCar remains only mine... adding it as a tag, or adding your thing to the group things could look like a way to help MyRCCar but you all know it is not. It is just a way for those designers to adquire a very poor quantity of extra viewers... the ones interested in my projects.
From now on, if you project doesn't have the keyword "MyRCCar" in the tittle or is not related to any of the actual myrccar projects, please forget about "MyRCCar" and try to find a place for your design otherwhere.
I have been analyzing the sites for 3d printing sharing and selling for a while, and actually I think MyMiniFactory is the site which could better fit my needs.
- Not-zombie platform. Daily maintained and improved site, with increasing features
- Good enough STL 3D viewer, plus 360 viewer for sold designs.
- Changing landing page, will allow my designs sometimes to be there during some seconds or minutes.
- The 10% they get from every sell is a lot less than other sites-platforms
- I can have some nice info in the statistics... not like here from quite time ago
- Once in, it looks like what you thought was automatic depends from admins, who are not specially interested in me, at least by now.
- Site completely invaded actually of minifigures for resin printers. They completely forgot about supports and printed photos of designs
- You will have to make an effort to find the RC things we use to look for between thousands of "renders" of minifigs
- The marketing, extra help, etc advised in exchange for the monthly fee doesn't look to work at all if you are not in the minifigures market
I could tell you maybe some more pros and cons but I think those are the most important.
Maybe you know other site which could better fit my needs but also "our needs" as a community. Please, tell us about, it could be decisive :)