Help! I lost my octoprint password!

Please Login to Comment

I used to have my Octo-print account password saved on my laptop, but it's since mysteriously vanished and I can't access the client website. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Depends on which password you forgot... Octopi or Octoprint.

If you forgot the Octopi password and can no longer SSH in...

This from foosel.
Take the SD card out, put it in a card reader. Create a file octopi-password.txt on it, containing a new password as it's only line. Unmount, boot, login with the new password.

Put that in ages ago for cases liked this and for easier provisioning. Should hopefully still work.

Cool thanks, I just tested that on a Pi I am setting up, and it works to gain access to the Pi via ssh (username "pi"). I just created the file as described, with the password (nothing else, no username, etc) and booted it. Then ssh'ed to the Pi and logged in with user "pi" and the password set up in the file. At that point, if the password to the server needs to be reset, it can be done using the other method of deleting users.yaml and changing the firstrun to be true in config.yaml. Changing the server password does not blow out the other configs for the bed size, nozzle, etc, but does bring up the initial setup dialog when going to the page in the browser for the first time.

If you can log into the Pi (via ssh) there is a way to reset it - have not done this but keep it on hand since I have to sometimes check the users.yaml to verify which username I need to use for a pi.

https://community.octoprint.org/t/octoprint-wont-recognize-log-in/2474/8