I have been printing 6 sided dice sets with ABS for about a year and suddenly, after a break of about a month, I started getting bad stringing between the dice. I have a Printrbot Simple Metal with a Ubis 13S hot end using Cura 15.04 and 75% infill. The following is what I've done to try and correct the problem.
- print speed is 50mm/s
- print with brand new filament
- reduce temp down to 220
- raise temp up to 240
- increase retraction speed to 90mm/s
- decrease retraction min extrude length to 0.5mm
- increase travel speed to 200mm/s
- triple check filament diameter (I even increased and decreased by up to 2mm anyway just to see what it would do)
- decrease flow rate to 90% (any lower and there are gaps in the die)
- print with fan on at 0.5mm
- print with fan off
I may have fiddled with other things but I've been messing with it for a few months and may have forgotten something. In the end I've reduced the stringing but the blobs are still pretty bad and it takes a lot of finishing work to fix the print. Any thoughts or suggestions are very welcome even if I may have tried it you may have a better combination of actions. Thanks!
Is there any other places, besides Printrbot's site, to get nozzles for my Metal?
Shipping costs from printrbot to my country are riculously high and most of the nozzles I find on eBay are male threaded...
My extruder is the old ceramic one (not the new Ubis)