New Nozzle

Please Login to Comment

Hi.

I've been lurking for a while, slowly learning how to use my printer and I have a really dumb question to ask. I know the Colido Printrite DIY comes with a .4 mm nozzle; can you change the nozzle to say a .2 or .3 and change it in the software?

If that was possible, wouldn't that give you finer (if not slower) prints?

Thanks,
Kurt

I've been running a .2mm on mine with very good results. My DIY is running the stock controller, has a heated bed, filament cooling fan, and a silicone sock on the heater block. Slicer parameters have been adjusted for the smaller nozzle. Printing speed is slow but I have another printer I use for larger and less fine work.

I've been running a .2mm on mine with very good results. My DIY is running the stock controller, has a heated bed, filament cooling fan, and a silicone sock on the heater block. Slicer parameters have been adjusted for the smaller nozzle. Printing speed is slow but I have another printer I use for larger and less fine work.

Are you using the stock heater block? If so, what sock are you using and where did you get it from? I'm not sure what to get. Estimating is clearly not working out for me.

Yes, it's possible to swap the nozzle out for another size. I had mine changed to a .5 mm nozzle with great results.

The software does need to be changed to reflect the size of the nozzle, but if you are reducing the nozzle size i'd also recommend slowing down the print speed so as to not clog the extruder.

I'd also look into a cooling duct for the nozzle as well to help with the finer detailed prints.