I’ve got something for all the Prusa i3 owners out there, it’s a new improved spool holder to replace the one that came with your Prusa versions Mk1 to Mk2S. I’ve done away with having to detach the arms each time you change a spool and I made the arms attach much more securely. In this design I’ve incorporated a removable spool spindle out of the cheap and common old PVC tube or you can simply print up the included spool model.
The spool holder can be found here:- http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2395279
I've also added a video to showcase it here:-
I've made a Spool holder combined with an LED light for my i3 MK2 and I'm really happy with it. I’ve done away with having to detach the arms each time you change a spool and I’ve incorporated a removable spool spindle that easily locks in with a satisfying snap!
You can find it here: - http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2405360
I also made a video to showcase it plus show how it's put together here:-
It’s simple to put together so if you can solder a wire and use a hacksaw then you’ll find this a piece of cake… even better, the parts cost under $10 which is awesome given the results. I’ve included links to the parts in the description.
I downloaded a file from Thingiverse to print on my printer and the filament comes out randomly in little blobs.. When I print the test file that came on the printer it prints just fine! I leveled the bed, changed the temp of the filament to 195 (PLA), increased the speed of which the filament comes out by a bit, cleaned the nozzle, and change the gcode. Still having this problem. My last conclusion is that there's something wrong wrong with my Cura settings. I am new to 3D printing and still getting use to Cura. This is very frustrating. If you have any tips please let me know!