Originally posted by rcleav on 3dprintboard.com
Corner Glass clips
Z-Axis Rod Brace
Double Extruder Fan Channel
Snap-on Fan Guard 40mm
Extruder cable support
FIlament and Cable Guide for extruders
Cable chain for Y axis motor
In Simplify 3D when you select the Flashforge Creator Pro profile the default startup script creates a blob of plastic on the right side of the build platform. If you replace the starting scripts with these it will extrude a line of plastic along the front of the build platform to make sure the extruder is properly primed.
See this thread on 3dprintboard forum for the scripts.
If anyone has any experience with this filament, please advise. I tried it for the first time today. Extruder 205, bed 70, fan 70%, speed 3000 mm/s. I tried printing three times and each time the filament bent between the extruder motor and the nozzle. It seems like it's being pushed faster than it can flow out. See picture. I will try again with a higher extruder temperature, but I am worried about clogging the nozzle.
I don't know if this is common knowledge among those in this group, but I have found a pretty easy method for cleaning used nozzles.
I have been printing a lot of parts for my HCE project, and the ESun PETG filament I have been using seems to somehow get a lot of deposits on the nozzle above the tip and eventually builds up to the point where it interferes with the printing path. I have changed the nozzles fairly often, about every 8-10 hours of printing and haven't been able to clean them up to my satisfaction because the PETG iresidue baked on the nozzle is so hard.
So, I tried soaking them in acetone for a few days. That greatly softened up even the hardest deposits on the nozzles and I could get them cleaned up to my safisfaction on the outside. There is always a little booger of plastic left in the tip end on the inside of the nozzle, and using a small drill bit, about 1/8" in diameter, held in my fingers, not in a drill, I can pretty easily get the material out. Sometimes it may require a couple more day soaking in acetone to get it to soften up enough, but I have always been able to get it out.
By then, the little bit of plastic left in the nozzle tip itself is soft enough that a tip cleaner gets it out pretty easily.
I have used this method on 3 of the tips so far, and when returned to service, they work just like a new one.
Hope this helps some members out.