Qidi Tech Simplify 3D startup script

Please Login to Comment

In Simplify 3D when you select the Flashforge Creator Pro profile the default startup script creates a blob of plastic on the right side of the build platform. If you replace the starting scripts with these it will extrude a line of plastic along the front of the build platform to make sure the extruder is properly primed.

See this thread on 3dprintboard forum for the scripts.
http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.php?21622-Qidi-Tech-1-Simplify-3D-Startup-Script&p=86116#post86116

I kind of want to try out S3D but the dam cost is so steep when I dont know if I will like it or not.
For those of you that did get it, do you feel it is worth it?

Absolutely worth every penny. It is always being updated to remain relevant. Maker Muse on YouTube has some really good videos on how to use/ understand the software.

I ended up getting it. I love it. You are right it is great to use and very feature rich.

If it helps anyone I am now using S3D with my Avatar 4 (sailfish 7.7). I used MakerBot 1 Dual Profile and just changed one line in the start script. After the (M132 X Y Z A B ; Recall home offsets and M135 T0 ; Load right extruder offsets) change the line (G1 Z-120 Y-70 Z30 F9000) to (G1 X-112 Y-73 Z30 F9000 ; Move to wait position off table) Make sure you update you build volume in the G-code tab to X225 Y145 Z150 and the Origin offset to X112 Y73 Z0. Also I have added a double fan design to my things that works very well. Check it out.
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1542849

Dual Extruder Fan Duct

I am likely late to this party but when I installed S3D 2 weeks ago there was a QIDI TECH I profile there. Been using it and works great :)

should the creator pro profile be used? Isn't the new Qidi a replicator clone?

I've always used the Flashforge Creator Pro profile but I've read that others use one of the replicator profiles. I haven't spent the time to see what the differences in the profiles are.

Is your qidi one of the newer ones running sailfish 7.8

Yes it has Sailfish 7.8, it was delivered at the end of February 2016.

Is it possible to flash a QIDI Tech printer to upgrade the firmware?

Don't do it unless QIDI has instructed you to. If you have 7.8 it is the latest.