Recent Topics


by 3D-ME

RepRap is humanity's first general-purpose self-replicating manufacturing machine. It is an open-source project that focuses on the creation and development of 3D printers that can print (some of) their own parts.

More information can be found at the wiki: http://reprap.org/wiki/Main_Page

This group is a place to discuss and share files related to, but not limited to; printer designs, modifications/upgrades, calibration, etc.

Join to share your own RepRap related designs with this group!

View Comment

Problem with new Printer kit

by crash1211

I've posted this on the Flyingbear forum, but haven't had any replies, so I'm going to post here also to see if anyone has ideas about what I need to fix.

i've purchased, and built a P905X. It is the dual extruder model with touch screen. I was able to print a few small parts, and some calibration cubes, but they really don't look that great. I've noticed on the calibration cube the Y that is imbedded in the model seems to print not in the center but skewed to the left, and the X that is imbedded doesn't print very deep like the Y does. It almost seems everything is shifted to the left. Also the Z at the top leaves a little gap around the Z. Could this be from belts not the correct tension? or does it have something to do with the the dual hotend. Any help would be appreciated.

Also if anyone has any tips on how to get the dual hot end nozzles level please share them. I find the left one destroys anything that is printed larger than a 20x20x20 cube. I've been having hell getting to to level with the other one. I've yet to get it to print a benchy without the left nozzle smashing into it. The bed is level, and the Z height is spot on when it is at Z0. Thanks again for any help.

View Comment

Arduino Mega Issue - But why?!

by aalexa5588

Well I'm running into a familiar issue again, and I need some help troubleshooting/brainstorming what's going on.

Here's a little backstory:

I have a Anet A8 Kit I got a year or so ago, and I've been through the whole learning curve of printing with a DIY kit (assemble, fail prints, learn, fight, cry scream, then success!, etc), so I feel fairly seasoned troubleshooting. I upgraded and tweaked (RAMPS 1.4 + Arduino Mega), and my prints got better until things were running smoothly.

Fast-forward to about a month ago my extruder just stopped extruding mid-print. So I changed the stepper drivers, tested the motor was fine through other axis drivers, used a multi-meter on the cables, all that stuff. Finally came down to the conclusion it was the arduino board that failed. So I ordered a new arduino and hooked it all up. Voila! Works. I chalk it up to using an old arduino I had on-hand and think I've passed this hurdle.

So I go about my merry way printing parts for a new printer I'm building. I'd say I got through 45-50 hours of print time in and again mid-print, extruder is not working. It's now making this stutter/chatter sound and vibrating but not turning. I again go through the motions of troubleshooting: check the motors, this time the stutter/chatter happens on any motor I connect to the extruder output. I change stepper drivers, up the current, decrease the current to see the effects: stuttering just gets less or more aggressive with current change. One thing i've got to test tonight is to try the second extruder output and see if it works, and if it does how long it lasts. At this rate i can only assume another 50 hours before it too goes bad.

Again I'm landing on the arduino is the issue. But my question is why? What's making the output pins of the arduino go bad? Too much current? Anyone else gone through something similar? Should i move away from RAMPS + Arduino and go to something that's integrated?

Any help or ideas are welcome!

View Comment

X3 Kit Leveling Auxilary Position

by bksahib

1) I have purchased Tronxy X3 kit, assembled it well.

2) However when making an object by gcode, the printer is printing off bed.

3) on attempting Configuration -> Leveling auxiliary Positions. Position 1 is not on bed.

4) All position seems out of where exactly needed.

5) Please advice solution to resolve issue.

Repeater 0.91
Tronxy 3D Printer

View Comment

Motor Issues on reprap delta printer

by Davik

Well.... I am new to this group and I have 2 questions:
1 Can I ask about other hardware related issues (see the other question for context) like motors/power sources/etc
2 I have some issues with the motors I am currently using on my DIY 3d printer. When plugged into the Ramps 1.4 controller board and jogged, they vibrate very loudly and have very little torque. I know that the driver boards are not fried and the motors are not broken, because I tried them out on another (not rep-rap) 3d printer I own and they seem to work fine. The drivers are not fried, because I tried different ones on the same motor and got similar results. I KNOW that 100% of the issue is in the marlin firmware I use on the printer, and I also know whick values to edit to get them working smoothly.
I am using a ramps 1.4 controller
an arduino mega 2560
a power source with 12 volt output
marlin delta configuration (generic)
17hs13-0404 style motors >https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/download/17HS13-0404S.pdf< info on the motors

View Comment