its Fabian, the guy who created this Thingiverse Group. As Thingiverse is more or less restricted in using it as a Forum and since another great community member (called Drayer) directly gave me full permissions to his newly created Forum, I am happy to announce that we are going to move from Thingiverse to there soon! I am not going to delete any stuff here, but all new stuff will be posted there. Also i will make sure to copy old important threads over here and try to cross-link all information.
Join our journey and help us too improve our Forum: http://sparkmaker.freeforums.net/thread/2/welcome
1) How to print
1.1) How to set up SD Card?
- get an FAT32 formated SD Card (some SD Cards may not work, if so try another one)
- Option 1 (pre-scliced .wow File)
-- get a pre-sliced (.wow) File (can't recomment current WOW! Files - too low cure time)
-- rename the (.wow) File to "print.wow" and put it on your SD Card
- Option 2
-- start SparkStudio (with administrator privileges)
-- import an .STL File (.wow Files currently can not be imported - these are pre-sliced binaries)
--- example STL-File: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2795935
--- design an STL-File yourself using 3D modelling tool (e.g. https://www.tinkercad.com/ - no download needed and very simple to use)
-- select your position, size, etc..
-- press slice
-- chose your resin and layer hight
-- press slice
-- save file to your SD Card
1.2) Optional modifications (recommended)
- make sure the linear movement is even/consistent (use some lube, do not use WD40), see also: https://www.thingiverse.com/groups/sparkmaker/forums/debugging/topic:27700 (comments)
- reduce backslash on the linear bearing https://www.thingiverse.com/groups/sparkmaker/forums/modifications/topic:27568 or use http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2806957
- replace the Original FEP-Film (Vat Film) with a better one. (Original Film is sticky and foggy and produces much fail prints): https://www.thingiverse.com/groups/sparkmaker/forums/spareparts-and-replacements/topic:27580
- get display closer to the vat/change glass with display https://www.thingiverse.com/groups/sparkmaker/forums/modifications/topic:27567
1.3) Resin Disclaimer and VAT
- Read this carefully: https://support.ember.autodesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210387627-How-can-I-dispose-of-resin
- Make sure your VAT is not leaking (poor Water in VAT, slightly swing and look weather VAT leaks water)
1.4) How to use printer?
- Remove foam from vat
- Loosen all 4 hex screws on the side of the build plate to calibrate (use the hex key provided)
- Turn knob Clockwise to move the build plate down towards the vat
- Once build plate is on the vat tank, hold the build plate down & tighten the hex screws
1.5) How to print?
- Turn knob Anti-Clockwise to move the build plate up away from the vat
- Shake resin bottle well and pour Resin into vat
- Fill about ⅓ of resin into the vat (6 to 7mm based on official information)
- Insert SD card into SD card reader (Shiny contact point facing up)
- After inserting SD card into SD card reader, press button once to start print
- To stop, press and hold the button till it turns [green?] blue [is for pause?]
- Once Blue, release and button light will turn to Green
1.6) Indication light reference:
- Steady Green light - Ready
- Steady Red - Processing
- Blinking Red - Printing / UV exposing
- Steady Blue - Stop/pause/done
1.7) How to remove print and clean?
- Once done, unscrew top knob for build plate to remove build plate from printer
- Carefully drip resin on build plate back to the vat
- Use a trowel to remove the print
- Use Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) to clean resin. Soap and water will NOT work.
- Try not to scratch the screen in the vat as it will affect print!
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD LIQUID RESIN BE DUMPED DOWN THE DRAIN OR SINK
1.8) How to Update Firmware? (optional)
Source: Unofficial Manual (see additional links)
2) Additional Information
2.1) Additional Links:
- Official Manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qykhiv2sv0yhzbk/The%20Instructions%20of%20SparkMaker.pdf?dl=0
- Official Sparkmaker Troubleshooting Guide: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ngrds3hrtips8te/The%20solution%20of%20some%20problems.pdf?dl=0
- Official SparkMaker Software (SparkStudio 1.9): https://www.dropbox.com/s/nilkkz2q8vdcqa8/SparkStudio1.9-x64.zip?dl=0
- Official SparkMaker Download Page: https://www.sparkmaker3d.com/download
- Unofficial Manual https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bXs6DfX63sWtW_kEKq92ifupZJNVIheCFzLqBkd8fkM/edit
- Ang Chun Yong's Repo - Collection of Files (PDF/PrintFiles/etc..): https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ait4O1a98isB4TOdVu7q0nzIoxmZ
2.2) Additional Tips/Known Bugs:
- Personally can not recommend pre-sliced files from WOW! (to low cure time: 10s)
- In SparkMaker Version 1.9(current) there is a bug (with default settings), just slide layer height once to avoid it (see: https://www.facebook.com/groups/140657399943252/permalink/146329096042749/?comment_id=146329442709381 )
- Run SparkMaker constantly with Administrator rights or don't install it to (default) ProgramFiles Folder, it has insufficient rights and may not work properly (see: https://www.facebook.com/groups/140657399943252/permalink/141704366505222 )
- Do not use the default SparkStudio 1.9 settings (always slide the layer slider once - avoid "sandwitched prints"): https://www.thingiverse.com/groups/sparkmaker/forums/debugging/topic:27700
- Prints get mirrored in v 1.9 when sliced (if you print Objects with text mirror them first, so that you can't read it in SparkStudio): https://www.thingiverse.com/groups/sparkmaker/forums/debugging/topic:27766 or https://www.facebook.com/groups/140657399943252/permalink/146024702739855
- Still got problems? See below (Forum Contents).
3) Forum Contents
- Troubleshooting: https://www.thingiverse.com/groups/sparkmaker/forums/debugging/topic:27638
- Modifications (improve print quality): https://www.thingiverse.com/groups/sparkmaker/forums/modifications
- Resin: https://www.thingiverse.com/groups/sparkmaker/forums/resin
- Useful Gadgets: https://www.thingiverse.com/groups/sparkmaker/forums/gadgets
- Spare-parts: https://www.thingiverse.com/groups/sparkmaker/forums/spareparts-and-replacements
Cured solid resin can be disposed of in the trash.
WARNING When handling resin wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection
Uncured liquid resin must be disposed of according to local regulations. In some jurisdictions, e.g., California, it is classified as hazardous waste. Contact your local municipal waste system for guidance on proper disposal.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD LIQUID RESIN BE DUMPED DOWN THE DRAIN OR SINK.
If you cure liquid resin before disposal you can dispose of it in the trash. To do this, pour the resin into a transparent plastic bag and leave it out in the sun for a week or so. Exposure to the sunlight will cure and harden the resin, at which point, you can safely dispose of it in the trash.
I recently acquired a Sparkmaker Original. I've had several successful prints. Today I had an unsuccessful print. The print was just at about 3.5 inches of the build plate when the print stopped as it normally does when complete. The light was green. However, after pulling the model off, I noticed it was not complete. I haven't been able to find a reason for this by searching the Googles.