Clicky

AdBlockers Now Seem to Also Block [Download All]

Please Login to Comment

You can still do a file-by-file download (for now) but if you click [Download All], whereas it used to countdown 4 seconds before serving up the archive, now you are presented with:

Please help out Thingiverse and disable your ad blocker!
Thingiverse is an incredible resource to the 3D printing community. Running a large website which hosts millions of files requires a lot of upkeep and costs. Running ads will help us aquire more resources to keep maintaining and improving the Thingiverse platform.

From everyone at MakerBot and Thingiverse, we appreciate you all.

Fuck 'em. I'm not disabling my adblocker. Kind of defeats the purpose of having one, right? This site is going further and further down the drain as each day passes.

I use AdGuard, but even temporarily disabling that and the downloads won't work (the all button anyway).

Open the page for the item in Thingiverse, next to thing details is thing files (below the pic). Open thing files and download from there. It's worked for me so far.

Still a problem, still BS, still aggravating and yes, their ads served up malware so no way. Agreed too they're going down the drain hard and fast, which is impressive since it's been going on so long. @Goury - yep, that'll do it. Dirtbags all.
files -> zip hack no longer working, yet the sloth thing works.. I have no idea why.
I couldn't get the duplicate tab hack to work either.

So, it's file by file for me.

Open the page for the item in Thingiverse, next to thing details is thing files (below the pic). Open thing files and download from there. It's worked for me so far.

I can use download all with firefox and ublock origin.

That's because you're using ublock origin, which stops scripts, blocking ads differently. Were you running PIHole, you'd find you drop over 70% of your network traffic and never notice, because it's all crap you don't need.

Thingiverse notices, they are annoyed that they can't send you said crap - thus the thread.

Comment has been deleted

When on the files page, replace everything after the thing # in the URL with /zip and hit enter.

For example:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5181393/files

Change to:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5181393/zip

Hit enter.
Ta-da!

The Ultimate 1:200 Starship Launch Complex Set

THIS WORKS GREAT !!!

Also I dont even have ad blocker turned on in CHROME for this website, but mine is still doing it. annoyed for sure

Thank you, thank you, thank you Viridianite.

Since I don't use an ad blocker the "please" demand the software made didn't make any sense.

That's what I've been doing to but I can't get the pictures so I've been doing screen captures then creating a folder to put everything in. All and all a real hassle. Typing "/zip" at the end of the page link and pressing enter brings the zip down like the old days.

Niiiice! Thank you.

I'll have a play later, with the intention of putting zip download links in the descriptions of my things so people can altogether avoid Thingiverse's frustrating 'download link hopping' they're putting us all through.

You are a god among men, what ever they have done recently has made this site shit.

Perhaps its time to spin up my own.

I don't have an ad blocker. Thingiverse is really screwed up. They need to fire everyone and hire competent people to fix this shit!! Thingiverse has been broke for well over a year. Please all makers of STL files, how about putting all files in a Zip file? But even that won't fix the newest download screwup.

I've proposed em to hire me to fix all their problems.
Their offer were laughable if not offensive.
Dev salaries they pay is less than McDonalds offer to an inexperienced toilet washer.

LOL. I found a work around, but it seems to be working now, BUT for how long? Thanks

In Edge browse, right-click on tab, click duplicate and it will open up another tab that will allow you to download all. You have to do it every time but it is a lot quicker than individual downloads. Not sure if this works for all web browsers.

I'll disable my adblocker on this site when they start fixing long standing issues with it.

What the hell happened to the view counts?

Ditto here. Can't disable ad-block since Thingiverse had been displaying ads that attempt to install malware.

In any case, downloading the files individually works around this issue (so far) and works around the bigger new long standing issue where the package from "Download All" can be out of date by years.

Not anymore

Well it seems the first download all is fine and then it stops showing the timer. If I close Firefox and reopen then it works again but it seems just for the first download.

Copy a link, close firefox, open firefox, paste link, download all.

Curious if that works for others also.

Yeah, that has been my experience too. Complete rubbish.... Some projects I download are multi-multi-file. I'm not individually downloading tens of files and then grabbing the images as well, plus having to copy and paste the relevant description and printing details too.

Comment has been deleted

I'm not having this problem. I never see ads and can "download all", just tried it with the following thing:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4553824/files

No ads and no problems downloading all the files (in one archive). Using FF with privacy badger and noscript (allowing thingiverse and makerbot).

Ease-up sloth hook
by clide

Leave it to me to be the odd one out :) I just tried that same link/file and it's still a no-go for me. I'm running Firefox 79.0 under Ubuntu 18.04 LTS with uBlock Origin, Google Analytics Blocker (which I just noticed it turned off for thingiverse), and Enhanced Tracking Protection (FF setting) enabled. I can, though, load these same links in Tor and download the archives all day long with no trouble. meh... I'm used to it. Glad (?) to know it's just me, then...

Not just you. I also can't use Download All now. And I am not turning off Ad Blocker. So will need to find a work around.

I'm glad to see others chiming in wit their experience. It's a shame this company is more worried about advertising then they are the actual web site experience. Ads without viewers ain't gonna make no more money than no ads at all...

I am using Firefox 79.0 in windows 10 with ublock and it says that but still counts down and lets me download.

If they would have ads that are related to 3d printing I would allow them but the malware crap they are posting is ridiculous!

Welp now it does not do the countdown on some items.....gonna work on this!

Dear Stratasys, Give us RELEVANT ads and we will look at them. This crap you are posting up there for ads now is just a cash grab from companies that will send malware to your users or else show items not even close to being RELEVANT to 3d printing.

Works with Brave (stock) with "shields up", just has a 5 sec countdown timer but then it downloads it. I don't see ads with Brave either.

Maybe it's just me personally, then. I just tried that same sloth here at the shop with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and AdBlock Plus under FireFox 79.0 and it still will not pop up the download dialog... just that ad nag.

Comment has been deleted
Comment has been deleted

FedeMiller... is that you?

Comment has been deleted

You know I did, but... have you forgotten how to speak English?

Comment has been deleted