Printed to wear to a costume party I had intended to make the full helmet but time proved too short between deciding to make this and needing it completed. I have only printed the front pieces which I then glued together and stuck on to a cap (brim removed) so that it could be worn as a mask.
Amazingly this was the first significant print that I undertook on my brand new custom built Ultimaker some of the parts for which can be found here. Some time was lost to getting to know my new equipment and troubleshooting it as I went but largely speaking this process went very smoothly given how ambitious I was.
The parts were printed over the course of about 4 days (approx~ 24hrs of actual print time I would estimate). Sanding and painting was jammed in to just 24 hours immediately preceding the party. It is far from perfect but from a distance looks amazing!
I intend to complete the helmet so will update with more pictures when it is done.
Everything is printed with grey PLA. I was initially struggling with bed adhesion for some of the more finely detailed sections of support material so I added the raft to get the project moving. It may or may not be required but I certainly had less false starts with the raft in place.