I have been meaning to upgrade my Batbone Tricopter for a while now, and when I saw this, I decided it was time. I got hollow Carbon Fiber Booms, which allowed me to clean up the wiring for the front two booms. I did need to slightly modify the bumps that hold the booms in place, just to get a tight fit for the Carbon fiber, but they seem to be nice and solid now. Just did the maiden flight. It flys really well, and the tilt mechanism is solid as far as I can tell. I have yet to fly FPV with it yet, but I expect it should be a good experience. The video came out smooth, but I would recommend trying to modify it to accept a wire camera tray, like in the 3.5. It allows for something to be between the battery and the ground for hard landings.
The Motor mounts were actually harder to put on then I expected. I was able to use a pressure fit, rather then drilling a hole for the bolt on the ends. This allowed me to save some weight, so was a good thing.