I really enjoyed this project. Thank you Mr_MegaTronic for sharing the product of your hard work.
I didn't think before I started printing the main body using a spool of red PLA I'd already used some of. When I was about 96% finished with the body I was out of filament. I paused and swapped to a translucent red. I learned a lesson about Octoprint and Simplify3d when I restarted the print and my printer retracted all the new filament and printed half a layer of air. Turns out without "relative E" enabled you retract as much as you extruded to prime the new filament while paused. Lesson learned. The translucent red finish on the front didn't turn out too bad actually; you can see a little bit of the honeycomb infill.
I had trouble with the flap covering the chute, so I left it off. I bet if I could print ninjaflex that would be a good material for it. I printed and used the remixed drum with half the capacity. The smaller drum still gives 2oz. of Jelly Belly, which is about $0.75 worth (when buying the 4 lb. jug o' Jelly Belly).
I filed the clips a bit so they'd clip on securely. I also filed the corner of the coin cam that snagged on the body at the edge of the coin release hole, eliminating a sticking point that made cranking difficult. The knob was a relatively loose fit to the drum so after much testing and final assembly I've epoxied it on.
It turned out great, I had fun, and I've continued to learn about 3D printing.
3mm PLA in the following varieties: eSun red and gold, Gizmo Dorks translucent red.