I fell in love with this design and while the sound is not as bright as my wood Uke, it is richer in tone. Printing this model on my Anet A8 required a few changes.
- I had to split the body into three parts.
- I raised the bridge 7mm to get enough clearance between the strings and the fretboard.
- Alternatively I could have made the fretboard parallel from the front to the back. This would have negated the raised bridge.
- I bought cheap tuning machines (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002HFQ88Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) which required some additional parts, That is bushings and knobs.
Link to my stl files including the fretboard by Big1 https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7x7xcr87n6hu46v/AACTa-y0NmSEXpU8kyY2ngoBa?dl=0
One other note about this project. I was going to buy the carbon fiber neck brace, but not comfortable with the pricing out there for it. The neck was so stout on this print, I tried it without it. I don't think it needs it. Here's a video of it being strummed https://www.facebook.com/kenneth.neal.142/videos/10155142975137970/ . Okay it worked here, but after a weekend of drawn tight strings the neck started showing signs of bowing, so I added the carbon. I was still being cheap and made up the carbon brace by purchasing one 1 meter length of 3mm square tube and one 1 meter length of 1mm x 3mm carbon. Split the length of both pieces in two and glued with CA to make a 3mm x 8mm piece. Specifically putting the 1 x 3 on the outside. Very little waste and only cost $5.