In truth, I have only partially made one. I was keen to make a crate full of explosives for a stop motion animation i am working on. I managed a "not as quick as i would like" but quite dirty job of isolating one of the crates from the loot markers, and then scaled it up a lot. The final crate size was 43mm on a side. I careful painted on a "this way up" sign on the sides so that I could ignore it when I used it in my animation.
Thanks for the great design work Dutchmogul.
The extraction was done in Blender.
Painted using a black metal etch primer, followed by some acrylic house paint. Detailing with student acrylics.