Made by stonecoldfx, uploaded
Probably one of the Biggest makes here of the Fillenium Malcon.
I decided to really test my own designed/built big scale printer to its limits!
So there is nothing better than to print a Fillenium Malcon @370% Scale!!
It's huge, its 500x170x700! It's 3 Kilograms of Filament it took almost 10 DAYS to print!!
Unfortunately one of the Filament Rolls from the same manufacturer/shop had a little different silver color!! I will spray paint it soon to get rid of that!!!
I failed 3 times!!
2 times the Extruder(it was FAN Cooled) started to GRIND Filament every time after 15h++!! (I switched to a Dual Drive Gear Extruder to solve this Issue)
1 time I failed it by my self. By using the wrong Octoprint Interface(of the second printer) and messed around some gcodes like a G28! ;) Bye bye print!! I did not get a note about that till the printer already homed X,Y and crashed in the model badly while trying to home Z!
I wasted 1KG of Filament with those Fails! not too bad! ;)
The fourth attempt went pretty good!!
Till I checked the printer (was like 3 Days printing) and I saw its printing mid-air like 4mm!
The Extruder Motor stopped working!! Hell NO!!!!! I paused the print and the Motor spun again!
I managed to resume the print with editing the Gcode File and resume it at the current Model height!! YESSSS :D
After that, there was no Issue at all to its finish!!! Was a hell of a ride!! But yeah finally I did it!!
There is a Timelapse of the Print and some freaky Pics!! ;)
Bottom and Top Layers: 5
Speed: 35mm/s (printing slow and safe)!
I used Support to go for 100% sure it's not failing due to falling over!
The Infill was between 2-20% I am sure I could even use less Infill at certain points. But I thought let's not be too greedy with saving time and plastic and let it fail.
I almost saved 2 Kilograms of Filament by using Multiple Process (15 Process) with changing the Infill down to 2%!