This is a very large and challenging print under any circumstances, especially if you decide to print it in ABS. That being said the files go together really well, with a few minor issues you have to sort out along the way. I ended up modifying the base and the rotary joint pulley to use a large open slew bearing, but the back half of the base where the motor fits is the stock unit. That required significant surgery to fit the motor swing base and the tensioner. The large base Axis 2 goes together well as is, no modifications required. Same with 3. 4 (the mid rotary joint) requires a bit of a rethink on the connection. I ended up using an m8 bolt thread and nut with an 8mm to 5mm coupler for that section, and epoxying the nut and bolt into the wrist because I couldn't ever get the support out as drawn. The upper section of Axis 4 is also weak at the wrist, and if I were redoing this I would either reinforce that or print the reinforced variant. Axis 5 (the upper rotary joint base) needs to be clearance extensively to get the motor to fit. it will fit eventually. Axis 6 I used my modified variant along with the stock moveo gripper. The axis 6 stock variant here would probably work, but would require machining a part. Same thing with the stock axis 1 rotary pulley setup. Overall if you are going to build this arm, this is the project to use as your base!
0.5mm nozzle push plastics black and blue ABS
12% with 7 shells and 4 top and bottom layers. Puttied and painted.
Having printed this in ABS, I can definitively say you have to be insane to attempt to print this in ABS. But it did eventually work. My Taz is highly modified to be able to attempt large prints without an enclosure, and it worked well for the most part aside from a persistant temperature sensor issue I was having when printing axis 2. PLA is probably a much more forgiving way to go for this print. I was pushing the speeds to finish quicker. Most of the parts were printed at an average 150mm/s and the larger ones took around 20 hours. All told I used about 6lb of plastic including support waste. There are definitely areas that the support was more of a hinderance than a help. Some areas I ended up switching out for heat set inserts just because I couldn't get the support out of various nut sockets to insert the nut.