I didn't spend any effort 'weathering' mine, but it took a lot of tweaking of the original parts to get some things to fit together nicely. This was printed in PLA and uses a 3w warm white LED. I think cooling is a concern and I'll probably have to tweak things so I can add an aluminum heatsink to vent the heat out the back of the light. I used the logo of our makerspace instead of the batman logo, since I'm donating it to our makerspace once it's complete. The focus of the image on the ceiling or wall about 5-8ft away is fairly good.. but there is maybe a centimeter of shadow around the edges at that distance, so it's not quite as clear as I'd hoped, but better than expected. The third image is of the ceiling with all the lights in my room turned off.
To paint, I used a toning gray as the base coat, and then a steel gray acrylic for the light and a pewter gray acrylic for the bottom base. The reflector was painted with a chrome spray paint, which didn't turn out as shiny as hoped but does reflect light.