N Scale T-Rex
The recent remix of this T-Rex with a Lego saddle made me want one for my N Scale train layout. The third time's the charm.
The first one I printed at 85mm long (45 ft. N Scale). This looked a little large and also a little disproportionately tall, So I tried 76mm (40 ft. N - 54%, and slimmed and lowered it by setting Y and Z to 50%. This (to my eyes at least) looked much better (and I'd suggest this slimming to others printing this model), but Cura 15.04 supports were not sufficient and the forearms and lower jaw were bum. It also seems that the last few mm of tail were lost.
The third one I printed with the same settings but sliced in Cura 3, which gave much better supports. The supports were difficult to remove. Due to my rough handling, the left leg and both forearms were broken. I successfully reglued them after removing the supports. The three attempts are the back to front in the first picture.
Coincidentally for other model railroaders out there, the original scales out to HO.
Next time that I've got a finer nozzle installed, I'll probably try again to see if the supports are easier to remove.
Printer is Monoprice Maker Select plus -- rebranded Wanhao.
5mm brim, support touching buildplate, Sliced with Cura 3. 210 extruder, 65 buildplate