I printed a set as a gift for one of my girls in Hatchbox wood PLA hybrid. Then I stained and varnished them to enhance the wood look. They came out very nice. A few words of advice:
I had better results printing them singly than multiple on the bed. With the wood PLA, oozing is a problem. I found that as the extruder jumped from one die to another the filament sagged out of the nozzle and left a little "worm" on the next die. Although I experimented with retraction, coast and wipe settings, the wood filament is just more prone to this side effect.
- Numbers on the faces that are downward-facing sometimes had little slumps and inaccuracies. (I used no support.) Some cleanup with a tiny Dremel bit was required. For this kind of project it's OK for them to come out a little rustic.
Very nice design. Thank you for sharing it!
Check out a full article (with attribution) on my blog at https://rogers3dprinting.blogspot.com/2018/06/dungeons-dragons-dice-in-wood.html