Many Thanks to Erdrick and all of the folks who have selflessly spent time creating these wonderful models.
It took 3 rolls of PETG and 4 rolls of PLA (mistakes were made). All of it from Microcenter (Inland). I used PETG for the frame type structure(.2) or (.15) and PLA (.1) for most of the detail pieces. I used my X5ST for the large parts and the A8(I guess it still has some A8 parts left, LOL) I think it took all of the free tools I could find, primary were CURA and Slic3r, I had zero luck with Simplify3d. I used Meshlab and Meshmixer to fix various files. I never could get certain parts quite right so there was a bit of sanding and correction on some of the armor pieces.
I found and added various detail pieces from various places, the nut and bolt parts, fans and cooling, hatches. Found the top off of a bunker and resized to use it as the covering on the upper carapace. I liked the detail but want a more rugged armored look. Vallejo plastic putty. Epoxy for some smoothing.